Monday, January 25, 2010

Valentine’s Day Top Organic Chocolate Picks



Since I have to be very careful with how much chocolate I eat these days – I am very picky when it comes to chocolate!  Here are few of my favorites since some are great as wedding favors and one, in particular, is great for Valentine’s Day!

1st – Lake Champlain Chocolates – One of the 1st I ever tried!  Loved them – They have some great packaging for favors as well!

One of my friends gave me the Vosges Organic Dominican Republic (DR) Chocolate Bar!  Obviously I dig it because my husband is from the DR, but also because his family owns a cacao farm!  I have actual tasted a cacao while in it’s fruit/nut form direct from the tree in both the DR and Nicaragua (amazing and not what you expect really).  The process of making chocolate is a strange one (not sure how they figured it out), but one that I am so grateful I learned about.  Vosges has some of the greatest chocolates in the world and they have quite a green mission statement – which you can read here.

Possibly the most ridiculously rich and most expensive natural organic chocolates that I have ever tasted are from Richart. It is a French company that says nothing about being organic or going green on their website.  However, I have visited 2 of their stores and have just never wanted to leave.  The idea of going to a chocolate store and comparing it to an experience of being at a museum is probably preposterous to you.  However – to me, when I eat chocolate – it is an experience.  I can taste the nuances in each type of chocolate I eat.  Richart is probably the most fascinating chocolate I have ever tasted in my life.  These are the chocolates that you give on Valentine’s Day!



Source: Elegance & Simplicity



No comments:

Post a Comment